Friday, February 3, 2012

40 Day Book of Mormon Reading Challenge Kick Off- Jan 31, 2012

We had our first Personal Progress Night on Jan 31. It was so much fun, we did a PINK Personal Progress Pajama Night.

To kick things off, we started our 40 Day Book of Mormon Reading Challenge. I told the girls about my experience with reading the Book of Mormon before the end of the year in 2011. I decided in November (the end of November in fact) that I wanted to read the entire Book of Mormon before the end of the year, giving me about 40 days to complete it. To me this seemed like a long time to read a book, I usually can finish most books in a few days. I didn't know how to figure out how much I had to read each day to complete this goal, but I got online and found a website that would email me a daily reading list. I ended up finishing in 21 days!!! Reading the Book of Mormon in such a short amount of time was such a different experience. I think I got more out of it and remembered more of what I read this time. So I challenged the girls to read the entire Book of Mormon in 40 days. How awesome it will be for all of us to be reading it together. At the end of this we will all have completed our Virtue Value project and will have read the Book of Mormon- awesome!

It was good to review with the girls what they have done in regards to their personal progress and get them excited to do more. So many of the girls were intimidated by the program and didn't realize that there were so many experiences that you could do quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment